Following the publication of the Google Search Engine Optimization Guide, I have compiled a list of the most important tips and tricks for SEO for beginners. This guide contains a lot of information that anyone who advertises a website should know and use. A website like JSA Interactive is a good example of an SEO Marketing Agency.
Although some of the information in it is not new, there are still some important points that you may have missed or that you aren’t using properly. That is why there are companies out there that can help you – especially if you are a smaller business that cannot devote your attention and workforce to SEO at all times.
A study on SEO and online marketing techniques came to the conclusion that most people rely on the first page of results to get what they want – they do not go beyond that. The number one on the list would most likely be visited, and the probability of being seen decreases with the ranking decrease.
This is the reason why most companies invest in search engine optimization to increase web page traffic within these search portals.
Below are points of a good Starter Guide for SEO:
- Give high-quality content. According to Google, compelling and useful content has more impact on your website than any other factor mentioned here. This is by far the most important information from the Google Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide.
- Create fresh, unique content. Old reclaimed (or even copied) content will not help your ranking. Good content fits in better, attracts visitors and holds back old ones.
- Create unique, accurate page titles. Make sure the page title specifies what visitors see in page content. Titles should be short and informative. Avoid filling your title with too many keywords. Every page on your website should have a unique title.
- Prove clear, accurate page descriptions. They give both Google and users an idea of what’s on the page. Every page on your website should have a unique description.
- Use unique, easy-to-understand URLs.
- Avoid long, obscure or cryptic URLs. Use easy-to-read and understand words in your URLs. Well-worded URLs allow users and search engines to understand what’s on your page. Understand how search results are displayed Google displays the page title, description, or snippet and URL on the search results page. All words used in the search query are shown bold in your entry. Many bold words attract people’s attention and increase the chance of someone clicking on your link.
- Make it easier to navigate your site. Visitors should simply find all the content on your site. Try and stay with pure text navigation as it helps search engines find your content. Consider two sitemaps – one for visitors and one sitemap.xml file – to better index your website.
- Write Better Anchor Text. Anchor text is used by people and search engines to better understand where a link points. Include in your links useful text for the site and out-of-site links.
- Optimize your pictures as a starter guide for SEO. All pictures on your website should have a unique, meaningful name and “alt” text. The ‘alt’ attribute is used if the image cannot be displayed for some reason. When an image is used as a link, the alt text is used in the same way as the anchor text.
Implementing these points from the Google Search Engine Optimization Getting Started guide will help increase your chances of appearing in the search results. To learn more about the Google Search Engine Optimization starter guide and other recommendations that Google offers for search engine optimization, it is important to reach out for help. There are many companies that will teach you more about SEO, online marketing, and reviews of some of the best tools and training available.